- New issuance
- Further information
How to buy a digital certificate?
1. Complete the web form available at https://www.multicert.com/3ws/cdaipr
2. Print the PDF document provided at the end and collect the signatures of the titleholder and all those empowered to bind the entity (according to the Commercial Register/Permanent Certificate or equivalent document). Instead of printing it, you may collect the digital signatures of the same group of people
3. If the entity is portuguese, gather:
- The signed contract
- Copy(ies) of the Identity Card, Citizen Card or Passport of the titleholder and the representatives of the entity who sign the Contract
- Document certifying the way to bind the entity (see table here)
- Copy of payment confirmation (if this is not performed through the ATM reference provided)
4. Send documentation to Multicert
- If you printed the contract, the documentation shall be sent to the address:
Avenida Sidónio Pais, 379
Edifício Hoechst A, Piso 3, Direito
4100-468 Porto Portugal
- If you didn’t print the contract and opted for its qualified digital signing, the documentation shall be sent to email@example.com
5. Afterwards you will be contacted by Multicert to let you know if all the documentation is correct and whether the digital certificate will be issued or if there is something missing which is preventing the issuance of the certificate.
6. When everything is complete,
- If you have chosen the certificate per download, you will receive a message in the email address which you provided in the certificate, with a link from which you may install your digital certificate
- If you have chosen the “USB Token” or “Smartcard” cryptographic device, you will receive an SMS with the PIN and, afterwards, you will receive the device by post mail
How to renewal
If you already have a digital certificate by Multicert and received an email indicating the need to renew it by paying a fee, you shall:
- Follow the link provided in the referred email
- Pay by ATM: IBAN PT50 0035 0125 00001437330 45
- send the payment proof to firstname.lastname@example.org , indicating the name of the certificate's holder
- Wait for an email from Multicert
If you have had a digital certificate by Multicert for two or more years, you will have to request a new cryptographic device (USB token or smartcard) or file.
In this situation, the purchase procedure is the same as for a new issuance (displayed on the side), and you shall mark the renewal option on the web form.